CUE config:interface Service-Engine2/0
ip unnumbered GigabitEthernet0/0.130
service-module ip address 10.10.130.3 255.255.255.0 >>> this is the IP addr of CUE
service-module ip default-gateway 10.10.130.1
ip route 10.10.130.3 255.255.255.255 Service-Engine2/0
>>> no other config on CUE or IOS router is necessary
Log into CUE module and restore to factory default
BR1#service-module in2/0 sess
Are you sure you want to go offline[n]? : y
NME-CUE(offline)# restore factory default
After a few minutes, CUE will boot up, fill in the necessary info
Do you wish to start configuration now (y,n)? y
Enter Call Agent
(CME, CCM, or enter to use CME as default): CCM >>>> make sure you select CCM
Selected Call Agent: CCM
Setting Call Agent to CCM in /usr/wfavvid/workflow.properties
Enter administrator user ID:
(user ID): admin
Enter password for admin:
Confirm password for admin by reentering it:
br1-cue# sh software license
- Application mode: CCM
- Total usable system ports: 8 >>>CUE has 8 lic ports, make sure on CUCM, you will add 8 CTI ports ..... hmmmm, maybe 2 CTI ports is good enough . Verified operation on 3/29 with 2 CTI ports.
- Add CTI port on CUCM, under Device/Phone, add new Phone Type = CTI Port, device name = cue1, DP = BR1, location = BR1. Add new DN for the CTI Port, DN = 1601, PT = PT-USA . Repeat for all ports of CUE. Verified operation on 3/29 with 2 CTI ports.
- IMPORTANT : don't forget to config "External Phone Number Mask" for CUE CTI ports and Route-Point , or they won't register in CUCM
- Add CTI Route Point on CUCM, under Device/CTI Route Point, add new CTI RP, device name = BR1-CUE , DP = BR1, location = BR1 , CSS = CSS-GLOBAL. Add new DN for the CTI RP , DN = 1600, PT = PS-USA, CSS = CSS-GLOBAL.
- Add new application user, username = cue , password = cisco , Controlled Devices = cue1, cue1 .... cue8 , BR1-CUE , Groups/Roles = standard CTI enabled, CTI control of all devices, AXL API access. This username = CUE JTAPI username. Controlled Devices = BR1-CUE + cue1 + cue2 ...
- Create new Voicemail Pilot and Profile for CUE - on CUCM , create CUE Voicemail Pilot (DN=1600) and CUE Voicemail Profile . Assign this Voicemail Profile into IP phone (i.e. BR1 Phone1 , br1user1 ...) which wants to use CUE instead of Unity.
- Reload CUE. Re-login into CUE and verify imported users has "Primary Extension , i.e 2001, 1003
- Test by dialing into the IP phone (BR1 phone1) which was setup with the CUE Voicemail Profile above, should get the CUE prompt and MWI led should lit up. If a fast BUSY tone is heard when dialing CUE pilot # , there 're a mismatch of codec between sites (remember that CUE uses SIP and G711 only) . Either change codec relationship in System/Region or add in required Transcoder.
Screen shot of CTI Ports and CTI RP on a working CUCM. Notice that both CTI Ports & CTI RP are registered to CUCM with CUE IP addrs (10.10.130.3)